MCAA Facts & Figures
Program Highlights and Accomplishments.
- Behavior Intervention Services - 105 children screened for behavior issues; 94% of children enrolled
in the behavior intervention program improved their behavior
- CATCH (Speech Screenings, Assessment & Therapy) - 913 children screened (28% increase from 2008);
131 children identified with speech concerns and referred out for additional services.
- FSS - Family Self Sufficiency
- Manatee County - 10 clients currently enrolled; All clients in advanced degree program or vocational training
- Desoto County - 6 clients currently receiving short term tuition assistance; 23 clients total served.
- Hardee County - 30 clients served
- FEP (Family Empowerment Project) - 1698 developmental screenings administered
to children age birth to five.
- Head Start - 616 enrolled children 3-4 years of age
- Early Head Start - 50 enrolled infants and toddlers
- Healthy Families Manatee - 218 families enrolled with 200 targeted children
and 236 non-targeted children served
- HIPPY - 108 families enrolled (35% increase from 2008); 98% of children graduating demonstrated
appropriate kindergarten readiness skills
- Housing Counseling - 346 clients served (11% increase from 2008)
- LIHEAP (Energy Assistance) - 2341 energy payments made to clients. (81% increase from 2008)
- Weatherization - 45 homes weatherized in Manatee and Sarasota counties (114% increase from 2008);
allowing for a 50% reduction in client's electric bills
- Weatherization ARRA - 24 homes weatherized in Manatee and Sarasota counties;
allowing for a 50% reduction in client's electric bills; NEW PROGRAM running from late 2009-early 2011)
- Whole Child Manatee - 114 clients received complete tax return service resulting in combined
$200,000 refunds to clients. Over 416 clients received information through the
Whole Child Profile system.