Healthy Families Manatee
Healthy Families Manatee is a free, voluntary program that gives families useful information on parenting and child development. Being a parent is an important and sometimes difficult job. We offer tools to make the job easier. We want families to have the support they need to reach their goals and build a bright future for their children.
What can Healthy Families do for you and your family?
A family support worker will visit you in your home to:
- Offer you encouragement
- Provide information on your child's growth and development
- Check to see if your child is developing as expected
- Help you learn healthy ways of dealing with everyday stress
- Connect you to other community services your family may need
- Teach you positive parenting skills, activities and age-appropriate discipline options
- Help you do home safety checks to make sure your family is safe
- Help you get your child's well-baby checks and immunizations on time
- Help you set and achieve personal and family goals
Am I eligible for Healthy Families services?A Healthy Families Resource Coordinator will meet with you to find out if you are eligible for Healthy Families services.
You may be eligible for Healthy Families services if:
- You live in Manatee County
- You are expecting a new baby or you have a baby under 3 months old
- You have experienced or are currently experiencing stressful life situations that indicate you could benefit from home visiting services.