Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY)Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) is a parent involvement, school readiness program that helps parents prepare their three, four, and five year old children for success in school and beyond. The parent is provided with a set of carefully developed curriculum, books and materials designed to strengthen their children’s cognitive skills, early literacy skills, social/emotional and physical development.
HIPPY helps parents empower themselves as their children’s first teacher by giving them the tools, skills and confidence they need to work with their children in the home. The program was designed to bring families, organizations and communities together and remove any barriers to participation that may include limited financial resources or lack of education.
- Designed to serve parents who want educational enrichment for their children
- School Readiness Curriculum focusing on:
- Language Development
- Problem Solving
- Logical Thinking
- Perceptual Skills
- Home Educators role-play activities with parents at home
- Parents work with their children for 15-20 minutes each day
- Monthly group meetings for parents and children
- Free to qualifying families
Who qualifies for HIPPY?
- Families eligible for TANF services
- Families living in the Palmetto-North Manatee County Enterprise Zone